Our little family

Our little family

Monday, November 14, 2011

It's About Time!

I begin by apologizing for the time lapse between posts.  When I created this blog, my husband laughed because he said I wouldn't keep up with it.  In this case, he was right. 

Many things have happened since my last post.  We are 26 weeks along in the pregnancy, and we now know that Catherine (IT'S A GIRL!) will be here in February.  We are very excited, but we are also a little nervous.  When we registered for her it turned into one big argument and ended with me crying in Babies'R'Us.  We had no idea babies needed so much stuff, or what they need for that matter.  We still don't know if we registered for the right things.

We also had a bit of drama this past week with our car.  My husband went to the GA/FL game in Jacksonville with a friend of ours.  He planned on taking our car; however, our car broke down outside of Atlanta, and they had to hitch a ride to the game, leaving the car behind.  We ended up taking it to some garage down there.  What they told us would take one week to fix ended up taking exactly two and costing us what we should be using to buy Catherine's bedroom suite (the crib, mattress, bedding, changing table, dresser - no, I'm not exaggerating).  However, a dear friend of mine that I work with and is very wise said, "You will make it, we always do."  I'm very thankful for friends and family who have helped us so far and continue to help us.

On a happier note, Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  I just love Thanksgiving!  I love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the time spent with family, and the food!  This year I plan on officially eating for two, and no one better say a thing about how much I put on my plate!  :)  I think the part I like best about Thanksgiving though is that Christmas is right around the corner! 

Well, I know these few short paragraphs did not include everything that has happened since August, but hopefully I will be better about posting more regularly now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment