Our little family

Our little family

Monday, February 13, 2012

Down to the Wire!

Well, we have now begun our 39th week, which I am sure will drag out an eternity. 
I am trying to savor every kick, roll, and hiccup she is giving me because I know once she's here I will miss having her inside me.  However, the idea of being able to see and hold my precious angel is so exciting!
I keep trying to imagine what she is going to look like.  Will she have my hair, Austin's, or a different color entirely?   Will she really be the 8 pound baby they are expecting her to be?  Will her eyes be/stay blue?  All these questions are in the forefront of my mind, but I'm also starting to think of "thick" questions, too, as I call them in school.  Will she be kind?  Will she be a rule follower (judging by her arrival time, I'd say that's a yes so far)?  Will she love unconditionally and be loved in return by others? 
I just can't wait to meet this perfect little person that God has created especially for us.  I can't wait to see my husband take on the role of daddy! Most of all, I can't wait to embark on this wonderful journey called parenthood with my very best friend.  I know we will make mistakes, and I know that there will be messy times and heartbreak.  I also know, however, that there is no one else on the planet with whom I would rather take on this incredible task. 
Please keep us in your prayers - the Lord knows that we are going to need them!
 
39 weeks.  Come on Catherine!  Your mommy is about to pop! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment