Well, Catherine is here! In fact, she has been here 9 weeks. I am really good at keeping up this blog. I can't imagine why I haven't found time these past few weeks to write. ;)
Life as the Copes know it has changed.
The first few nights home were crazy. I knew I wanted to be able to feed Catherine, and my mind was set. However, she had different plans. I know that mother's milk is best, so I pumped - every 3 hours for 30 minutes. She was also eating every 3 hours, so not only were we going by her schedule but mine as well. I was getting zero sleep, but that sweet face was all I wanted to see.
I was very much a stickler (still am really) about germs. I essentially kept her under house arrest for the first 8 weeks. I still make everyone wash their hands before they touch her. Some people may get upset, but she is my first (and only - says Austin), and I want her to stay healthy.
When Catherine was born she weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Her two month check-up was today. She weighed 12 lbs 13 oz and was 23 1/4 inches. She is a growing girl!
Today was rough! I had a great deal of milk frozen, but she eats so much that she is flying through it. Today we started supplementing my milk with formula. I can't seem to figure out how many ounces she should be eating though. If I feed her the normal 5 oz, she cries because her stomach hurts 2 hours later. If I feed her 4 or 4 1/2 she screams right after she is finished. We will figure it out though.
This new adventure is very scary, but oh so rewarding! Hopefully I will be a better blog updater. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment