<Well, I have made it over the hump of my first week back. Let me tell you, I had respect for working mamas before, but now I have a tremendous amount. It is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever done.
Don't get me wrong, my baby is in great hands during the day, but they are not mine.
The first morning was the hardest. She was asleep when we dropped her off, so I really didn't get to tell her goodbye. The only thing I could think was she would wake up, and, for the first time, I wouldn't be there. I called several times during the day and visited on my planning. There was no need to worry. My baby was fine!
I am not going to say it has gotten easier because, truthfully, I don't think I will ever be comfortable leaving her. I am so afraid I am going to miss out on something. It is something I am sure every working mom struggles with, and I don't know if I will ever be ok with it.
I am lucky that I have a job that allows me to spend the summers with her.
This experience has also made me appreciate my students more though. I now know what parents are going through when they entrust the safety and welfare of their child with someone else. I loved my students before, but now I just adore them!
Hopefully this will get a little easier as time goes by.
All you working mamas out there pat yourselves on the back. I'm saying prayers for all of us!
The everyday happenings of the Copes. We are three people with a lot of love for each other. In the words of Jon and Kate Gosselin, "It may be a crazy life, but it's our life."
Our little family
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Working mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment