Our little family

Our little family

Friday, June 22, 2012

Rainy Family Field Trip


She is way too interested in the exhibit to stop for a photo!
Today we went on a family field trip. Austin had to go to the bank, and we originally were going to take Catherine to the park on the way. However, she fell asleep before we got there, so we just went on to the bank. As we were leaving, I remembered that I had a gift card to eat downtown that we got from some amazing friends when Catherine was born. I asked if he wanted to go since we were close. Neither of us was hungry yet, but we decided to head downtown.

On the way, I remembered once hearing that educators get in the Creative Discovery Museum for free. (It is true.) We decided to burn time there. Both of us realize that Catherine doesn't really appreciate the Museum yet, but it was fun to let her look around. She is a very nosey baby, and she loves to look at everything. She enjoyed just taking it all in. The only problem is our spontaneous trip fell right during nap time. She didn't get fussy, but she didn't seem to be as into the trip as she normally would be. We will definitely be taking another trip when she gets older.

After we left the museum, we went to eat - Catherine even ate at the restaurant. It's really nice that we are all on about the same schedule now. Eating was fine, but leaving was another story. We realized it was pouring rain! Spontaneous rain before Catherine was here was romantic; however, when you have a baby but don't have an umbrella it is not.  Luckily, she has a stroller that has shades coming from both sides. It eventually slowed down enough for us to walk the three blocks to the car. Catherine was dry as a bone, but we were drenched. We laughed because I carry a Mary Poppins diaper bag; it has everything we may ever need while we are out with her. However, I didn't have an umbrella. This round goes to the rain, but you better believe an umbrella will be in the bag tomorrow.
We had so much fun on our family outing. I feel so blessed to have my little family, and I am so thankful we are able to spend time together. I wonder what fun we will get into next!
Say that again Daddy?

Super Daddy explaining something to Catherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment