Our little family

Our little family

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Girls' Night Out

When you become a mommy, you get a whole new appreciation for the rare girls' nights that you do get, and you treasure your friends just a little bit more. (Love you ladies!) However, tonight was a different outing.

My date tonight was the most amazing gal I know. She's my very best friend, and the person who knows every single one of my secrets (mainly because I don't have to worry about her repeating them) - Little Miss Catherine!

Austin spent Tuesday night and tonight judging senior projects at Ridgeland, which is something we both enjoyed doing B.C. (before Catherine), but now that we get so little time with her during the week, I don't like to miss out on any. I don't think senior Annaliese would have enjoyed a hyper baby in the room while I was trying to present to a group of strangers, so I think it's best if we sit them out.  Tuesday evening we went to my parents' house so my dad could get a Catherine fix, but tonight it was just us girls.

We started the night by going to visit my Nanny. Catherine hadn't napped all afternoon, so the 15 minute nap she got on the way was just a tease. She was welcomed by my Nanny's bird squaking - she doesn't like birds. Needless to say we are calling a mulligan on that visit.

We then went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. This was a big deal because we have never eaten out without her daddy before. We had so much fun! My good little eater ate chicken salad, I had a sandwich, and we split a cup of fruit. She also just happened to be the best behaved kid in the place. She did scream at me once, but she was out of food, and I didn't realize it. Don't come between that girl and her meals. ;)

When we left, we stopped at K-Mart to pick up a couple of things. We ended up in the toy aisle dancing to a Mickey Mouse singing the Hot Dog song 12 times. Yes, we are the reason that the batteries never work once the toy is home. My husband says it is funny how much even the music you listen to when you are a parent changes. I may or may not have enjoyed that Mickey just as much as she did.

It may not have been up to society's standards of a GNO, but it was a pretty good one for these girls. As Catherine gets older I can't wait to see what other adventures we get to experience together.



No comments:

Post a Comment