Our little family

Our little family

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Welcome 2013

One of my resolutions this year was to be a better blogger, so far I'm already behind.

2012 was a huge year for us.  We had a baby. Sweet Catherine was just the start to that wonderful year, and most of the amazing things that happened in 2012 stem from her. She went from being a newborn that slept, ate, and pooped, to being a sweet little girl with a fabulous personality.

I won't put all if the cool things she did last year in this post, mainly because I don't have room. However, by the end of 2012 Catherine could crawl (quickly and dangerously at times), eat by herself (although she REFUSES to hold her own bottle to this day), pull up on anything, stand by herself for very long time frames, read books (She points to the words as we read, and she points by herself when she does her independent reading.) and say a complete sentence ("There she is!") She amazes us every day.  She even chose to use January 2, 2013 to take her first steps. Our child wasted no time in making the start to our year spectacular. :)

Catherine wasn't the only one who had a big year. Austin and I celebrated 3 wonderful years of marriage. We dated for such a long time that in reality we have almost been together for a decade, but this man still sweeps me off my feet all the time. Whether it is by all the meals he makes for us, surprises he keeps up his sleeves, sweet gestures, or the way he is such a great father - I fall a little more in love every day.

I also had a major life changing moment (other than becoming someone's mom of course). I went from my comfort zone of teaching kindergarten to teaching first grade. Thankfully I got to keep my fabulous class (give or take a few wonderful kids). When everyone says that first grade is the hardest to teach they are not kidding! Though here are many challenges, I could not ask for better team mates, students, or parents.

I still struggle daily about being a working mom. It is so difficult to want to be with her all the time, but my husband and I have had many conversations about it. If we want to give Catherine the kind of lifestyle we want to give her, we both have to work. Now don't get me wrong, she has the BEST babysitter ever, my mom. Mom works with her on various skills, they read books, and, most importantly, Catherine knows she is loved, and her mommy knows she's being taken care of very well. All of that being said, I love my job and the kids I teach very much, but I would still like to be the one that gets to spend the day learning through Catherine's eyes. :)

Sorry this post was long. There was a lot to say to start the year off. Thank you for taking interest in our journey. I can't wait to see what the rest of 2013 has in store for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment