In case you haven't heard, it has rained a little here, and by a little I mean virtually non-stop for almost 2 weeks. Yeah. We were supposed to get a really fabulous snow storm today, but I think it got lost on the way here.
The weather has really messed with our school schedule. We have had 3 2-hour delays, and we left early today. Even though it's really been a train-wreck for my lesson plans, I have really enjoyed getting to spend so much extra time with Catherine. Snuggling and playing in the mornings instead of having to rush is so nice! I think next week will be really hard on all of us.
We haven't really done a whole lot the past week. My kids at school are nuts because they have been trapped inside forever, and Catherine is beginning to forget what outside is. We have been able to do a couple of neat things though.
We went to some of my students' basketball game on Saturday. I always enjoy seeing them outside of school. It's always funny though, especially when they see Mr. Cope without a suit. I'm pretty sure they like seeing him more than me. ;)
My goal is to see each student play at least once, more if we can. Catherine loved watching the balls bounce and hearing the buzzer, but her favorite was people watching - she is her mother's daughter. I wish I had taken a few pictures while I was there, but I didn't think about it until we left.
We also got to spend some time with Mimi and Papa this week. It was on Catherine's 11 month birthday no less! (It is so hard to believe in less than a month we will have a one year old. Where did the time go?)
Austin went for wings with some if his family on Wednesday, so Cece and I went for spaghetti. This was Catherine's first experience with actual spaghetti - not baby food - and she, pardon the pun, ate it up! It was all the way up to her elbows by the time we were through!
I'm really looking forward to the long weekend. I can't wait to sneak some extra snuggle time with both my loves, because there's never such a thing as too much snuggling.
The weather has really messed with our school schedule. We have had 3 2-hour delays, and we left early today. Even though it's really been a train-wreck for my lesson plans, I have really enjoyed getting to spend so much extra time with Catherine. Snuggling and playing in the mornings instead of having to rush is so nice! I think next week will be really hard on all of us.
We haven't really done a whole lot the past week. My kids at school are nuts because they have been trapped inside forever, and Catherine is beginning to forget what outside is. We have been able to do a couple of neat things though.
We went to some of my students' basketball game on Saturday. I always enjoy seeing them outside of school. It's always funny though, especially when they see Mr. Cope without a suit. I'm pretty sure they like seeing him more than me. ;)
My goal is to see each student play at least once, more if we can. Catherine loved watching the balls bounce and hearing the buzzer, but her favorite was people watching - she is her mother's daughter. I wish I had taken a few pictures while I was there, but I didn't think about it until we left.
We also got to spend some time with Mimi and Papa this week. It was on Catherine's 11 month birthday no less! (It is so hard to believe in less than a month we will have a one year old. Where did the time go?)
Austin went for wings with some if his family on Wednesday, so Cece and I went for spaghetti. This was Catherine's first experience with actual spaghetti - not baby food - and she, pardon the pun, ate it up! It was all the way up to her elbows by the time we were through!
I'm really looking forward to the long weekend. I can't wait to sneak some extra snuggle time with both my loves, because there's never such a thing as too much snuggling.
| Reading a little on a rainy day. We were talking about her upcoming birthday party. :) |
| Happy 11 months precious angel! |
| Why haven't I had this meal before?! |
No comments:
Post a Comment