With everything that has been going on the news surrounding Ridgeland's football team and coach, I have been thinking a great deal about prayer, and how vital it is to all of us.
I have really been anxious the past couple of weeks because school is going to be back in swing soon. It's not that I don't miss my school friends because I do. I also miss my school babies. However, I do not want to have to leave my baby. I know I am lucky because my mom is keeping her, but I would much rather spend every day with her. I have already broken down several times, and I've spent so much time just watching her. I have maybe been away from her a total of 8 hours in the past 3 months, so I know the next few weeks will not be easy!
I feel guilty asking for prayer, especially after looking at my news feed on Facebook and seeing friends' loved ones passing away, an 8 month old being laid to rest, friends batting cancer, friends who desperately would like to be parents, and other more serious events that can really use prayer. Please know that so many prayers are going up surrounding these events. However, I also know that our God hears and answers all prayers. From the tiniest prayer to the most miraculous, He is there. I know that it is not always what we want to hear or even in the time period we want, but prayer is so very powerful! Of course in this case I would love for a giant check to show up in my mailbox that would enable me to stay home, but I know that is not going to happen. I am instead asking for you to pray with me to help keep my mind at ease about my baby during the work day. I also pray for my mom as she will have my baby and my precious nephew on a couple of days each week. Lastly, I pray for my school babies and their parents. I pray they know that I am going to love them and treat them the same way I treat Catherine. I now realize how difficult it is to leave your baby in someone else's hands - even if they are the most capable. :)
I thank you for your prayers, and know that you are thought of in mine. :)
We'll be praying for you! I'm already dreading leaving my babies even though it's still a month away & only 4 hours a day!
ReplyDelete