This week has not been one of the most eventful weeks of the summer so far, but I do enjoy a peaceful break every now and then. :)
Thursday seems to be one of my favorite days of the week every week. It is our library day. Catherine probably doesn't get as much out of it as her mommy (especially considering this Thursday she slept in the car with Daddy while Mommy grabbed books quickly off the shelves), but I really do enjoy going in and letting her see all the books. I don't want to force her to read, but I do want her to develop her own love of reading. I can remember calling my mom in tears her first week of life: "She just cries every time I try to read to her!" Mom said, "Give her time. I don't think she will need and EIP (early intervention plan) any time soon." 5 months later, she reaches out to touch the pages and even helps me turn them on occasion (always going backward, of course). Considering the fact that my job includes teaching children how to read, I am glad my daughter is at least tolerating the numerous story times I subject her to each day. :)
On Friday, my husband went to see The Dark Knight with his brother and our oldest nephew. Catherine and I of course did not go. (I've noticed that you don't go to quite as many movies when you have a baby.) A little boutique that I enjoy shopping at occasionally was having a clearance sale for their summer merchandise (which is the only time my teacher's salary can afford it). I called my mom and asked her if she would go with me. I ended up only getting a pair of squeek shoes for next Easter. I hope they fit! Mom and I really didn't love any of the clothing on sale, but she wanted to go to Cracker Barrel to look at clothes. She ended up getting Catherine and Blake the cutest little sock monkey onesies!
The title of this post comes from Saturday.
I am so proud of my husband! Yesterday was his last class for his Specialist degree! After 25 years, he is officially done with school! Austin, I could not be any prouder to be your wife. You work so hard to provide for our family, and you love us unconditionally. I am so thankful that God created our little family of 3 and made you the head of this household (yeah, we will let you think that ;) )! Catherine and I love you very much!
The bittersweet goodbye part is dedicated to our cousins, Chris and Jenni. Jenni's family lives in Ohio, and Chris was offered a great job up there. I know that we are going to miss Chris, Jenni, Kaylee, and E a lot, but I am so happy and proud for them. I know that it will also be a blessing for Jenni to let her side of the family spend time with the babies. I can't imagine what it would be like for Catherine to grow up far away from her Mimi, Poppa, and Aunt Meg. We wish them the absolute best! (You guys better come back to visit though!)
No comments:
Post a Comment