The week is almost through. It's unbelievable how quickly a week goes by during the summer.
Today was especially fun for our family. My Nanny, sister, and I met at my Aunt Tammy's house. It was really fun. We had toast, soup, and chocolate cobbler, and we just got to visit. I really enjoy getting to spend time with family. I hope that Catherine and Blake grow up to enjoy spending time together. I posted some pictures that my Aunt Tammy took while we were there below.
In other news, tonight is the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. I love watching the Olympics. I do find it kind of funny that we sit on our booties for two weeks cheering on people who have worked their booties off. :)
Now that I'm a mom, the Olympics have a little bit of a different feeling behind it this year. I constantly think about Catherine: how my decisions affect her, what her needs and wants are, and what she might be when she is older. As I have been watching everyone get ready for the event, I can't help but wonder if Catherine will want to play sports. I wonder what sports she will enjoy. Yes, I will admit that I have pictured my daughter standing up on the podium for winning USA gold. I have pictured it several different times in fact, as I do not know what sport she will play. I'm thinking either gymnastics or swimming because those are the sports I enjoy watching. (Don't lie, I know some of you are out there doing it, too. If you weren't, you probably are now. ;) )
Also, my husband and I started a friendly Olympic competition. We both picked a country to cheer for during the Games. We both have USA because it really wouldn't be fair if only one of us got to cheer for our own country. Austin chose China because they tend to win a lot, and I picked Great Britain for the home advantage. Of course we are both really cheering on team USA, but this will be a fun rivalry. :)
Well, I am about to go put my little athlete to bed. She needs her rest to grow big and strong. After that, I plan on sitting down with my husband to watch opening ceremonies for the 2012 London Olympics (which technically has already happened, but they are going to air it tonight.) I hope you have a wonderful Friday!
XOXO,
Annaliese
![]() |
| Mommies and babies |
![]() |
| Catherine was watching Aunt Meg take a picture; Blake was watching tv. :) |
| |||
| Catherine and Nanny |


Love your new dark hair!
ReplyDelete